GTR is calling for entries to the UK National Awards for Export Excellence 2016, a new initiative launched by GTR in partnership with The Manufacturer, which will celebrate and commemorate the achievements of the UK’s exporters over the last year.
The awards will reward excellence across a range of sectors (including best first-time export; largest UK export and supply chain excellence) and geographic regions (including Sub-Saharan Africa, Mena, Asia, Europe and the Americas). UK exporters have until March 24 to submit their entries.
Winners will be announced at a black-tie awards ceremony on the evening of June 15 in Liverpool, following GTR’s UK Trade & Export Finance Conference 2016. All entrants to the UK National Awards for Export Excellence 2016 will receive two complimentary passes to the conference. Both events feature as part of the International Festival for Business 2016.
Entries are open to all UK-based exporting companies of any size and from any sector. They will be judged by an independent panel of experts from some of the UK’s leading institutions.
The judging panel includes:
- Gabriel Buck, managing director, GKB Ventures (Lead Judge)
- Margaret Eyres, Head of Direct Lending, UK Export Finance (UKEF)
- Lesley Batchelor, director general, Institute of Export (IoE)
- Guto Davies, managing director, sales & project finance, GE Capital
- William Clark, head of UK trade credit, AIG
- Julian Hucker, chairman, Open To Export
- Geoffrey de Mowbray, chief executive officer, Dints International/co-chairman, British Exporters Association (BExA)
- Ed Harkins, head of export credit financing, Fieldstone
- David Riches, executive director, commercial services, British Chambers of Commerce (BCC)
- Ian Taylor, chairman, Institute of Export (IoE)
- Peter Matza, engagement director, Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.exportexcellenceawards.co.uk.