A new member has been appointed to the Export Credits Guarantee Department’s (ECGD) Export Guarantees Advisory Council (EGAC).
Paul Talbot is assistant general secretary of the industry and services union Amicus – the UK’s second largest union. He is a member of the TUC General Council, the Department of Trade and Industry’s Electronics Innovation and Growth Team, and has previously served on the Bett Inquiry into the future of Higher Education pay structures.
EGAC provides ECGD, the UK’s official export credit agency, with advice on how it can both help UK capital goods exporters to compete effectively and support the government’s wider international objectives.
Members on EGAC have expertise in many areas of business including insurance, emerging markets, corporate social responsibility and international development.
The full membership of EGAC is:
Chair Liz Airey, director, Harrison Lovegrove & Company Ltd;
* John Elkington, chairman, SustainAbility Ltd;
* Raj Thamotheram, senior advisor, Universities Superannuation Scheme Ltd;
* Jonathan Kydd, professor of agricultural development economics, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine at Wye;
* Anthony Shepherd, chairman and chief executive, the Alderley Group plc;
* Martin Roberts, senior consultant, Beechcroft Wansbroughs Consulting;
* Sir Stephen Brown, chief executive, UK Trade & Investment;
* Paul Talbot, assistant general secretary of Amicus.