Now more than ever, it is crucial to continue the conversation about gender equality in the workplace.
GTR‘s WiTF events discuss the slow progress achieved by the trade finance industry in recent years, and ways to ensure improvements continue to be made in these challenging times.
WiTF events and discussion sessions are open to men and women.
To receive an invitation to attend one our free WiTF events, please join our WiTF mailing list.
Women in Trade Finance Session
- Date: Tuesday, June 11 | +Calendar | +RSVP
This session will take place during the GTR Asia Tradetech Forum 2018
- Location: JW Marriott | Hong Kong
- Time: 15:30 – 17:00 (Formal discussion starting at 16:00, leading into networking drinks reception)
Ajay Sharma, Regional Head of Global Trade & Receivables Finance, Asia Pacific Global Trade & Receivables Finance, HSBC
Discussion topics include:
- Support women’s advancement in the trade finance industry and what role can the management play?
- Is the trade finance industry in need of a cultural change when it comes to hiring and retaining women?
- Do women in senior roles need to be engaged differently than men? What are their priorities?
- Opportunities for using technologies to increase inclusive recruitment and training.
- Getting the men involved and what support can they offer?
- What are your expectations and concerns from the industry for the next 5 years?
Moderator: Finbarr Bermingham, Asia Editor, Global Trade Review (GTR)
Inwha Huh, Global Head of Structured Trade Solutions, HSBC
Ginnie Chin, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Culum Capital
Maaike Steinebach, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Branch; Managing Director, IB&M Hong Kong, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Maria Hui, Director, Hong Kong Human Resources Lead, Microsoft Hong Kong Limited
Women in Trade Finance
- Date: Tuesday, June 12 | +Calendar | +RSVP
(This seminar will take place before US Trade & Working Capital Conference 2018)
- Location: Swissôtel (Alpine room) | Chicago, USA
- Time: 16:00 – 19:00 (Formal discussion starting at 17:00, leading into networking drinks and canapés)
GTR Women in Trade Finance Seminar: Retaining women in senior roles – Chicago, Illinois
It is now more crucial than even to continue the conversation around gender equality in the workplace, as the trade finance industry intensifies its efforts to tackle gender imbalance, drive innovation and create competitive advantage. The latest in GTR’s Women in Trade Finance series, this seminar will consider the following topics:
- Supporting female advancement in the trade finance industry: What role can management play?
- Is the trade finance industry in need of a culture change when it comes to hiring and retaining women?
- Do women in senior roles need to engage differently to men? How do the priorities differ?
- Can advances in technology be utilised to make the market more inclusive, particularly around recruitment and training? Will technology drive gender diversity in trade finance?
- How can men be taken on this journey? What role do they have to play and what support can they offer?
- What are your expectations and concerns for the industry over the next five years?
Moderator: Shannon Manders, Editorial Director, Global Trade Review (GTR)
Alisa DiCaprio, Head of Research & Global Trade Strategy, R3
Tracey Redfern, Senior Vice-President, Head of Business Development, HSBC
Simonne Hurse, Vice-President, Marketing & PR Communications, Satis Group
In partnership with:
take me back