19 May 2017
The London Institute of Banking & Finance
October 2017 Exams, registration is currently open and closes 31 July 2017
Registration fee = £500 includes learning materials and exam entry
International booking fee* = £55 (please note, candidates outside of the UK are required to pay the international booking fee)
CDCS is the benchmark international qualification for the documentary credits sector. Studying this qualification enables you to enhance your practical knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with documentary credit practice. It provides you with the required skills to perform effectively in a fast-paced commercial international trade environment.
The Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists is a distance-learning qualification enabling you to study at a time and pace that suits you. You will be provided with a detailed study text covering the syllabus and containing review questions and activities. A specimen paper is also available to download.
Studying this qualification develops core knowledge and understanding of the following areas:
• Documentary credits – types, characteristics and uses, including standby credits
• Rules and trade terms, including UCP 600, ISP98, ISBP 745, Incoterms® 2010 and URR 725
• Parties to documentary credit transactions and their roles and obligations
• Types and methods of payment / credit used in documentary credit transactions, including the concept of autonomy
• Types of transport, commercial and financial documents used in documentary credit transactions
• Risk issues, including types of risks, control and possible mitigations
• Related products, including letters of indemnity, air way releases and steamship guarantees
• Implications of breaching rules including money laundering and terrorist financing
Assessment is through a single 3-hour multiple choice exam.
CDCS is designed primarily for practitioners working with documentary and standby letters of credit on a day-to-day basis. Completion of this comprehensive course will give candidates a deep understanding of the subject and will enable them to demonstrate a level of expertise that is recognised worldwide.
Find out more on the website
The London Institute of Banking & Finance exists for a very simple reason – to advance banking and finance by providing outstanding education and thinking, tailored to the needs of business, individuals, and society.
We advance careers by equipping people with the skills and capability the sector demands, so they can perform more effectively and responsibly. Our focus is on lifelong learning; equipping individuals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications to achieve what they want throughout their career and life. And because we’ve been at the heart of the sector since 1879, we create connections and build partnerships between people and business that make banking and finance more accessible and understood, and enhance social inclusion through better financial capability.
Our trade finance qualifications are benchmarks in the industry. Studied in over 90 countries worldwide, the topics of International Trade and Finance, Documentary Credits and Demand Guarantees provide specialist knowledge to display capability, aid efficiency and enable progression in the workplace. The qualifications have been developed in close partnership with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
We are The London Institute of Banking & Finance, lifelong partners for financial education.