27 June 2017
Tokio Marine HCC
1. Review and assess underwriting opportunities, including recommendations for accepting/declining risks and premium pricing; assess borrower’s financial condition, country economic and political environment, and ability/willingness to repay. (30.0%)
2. Complete required underwriting analyses; provide timely and professional communication of underwriting questions and expressions of interest in reply to situations submitted; ensure that policy issuance is promptly and correctly completed. (30.0%)
3. Organize and prioritize cases submitted by insurance brokers for consideration; maintain a balance in processing “standard” situations, “rush” cases and situations involving extensive analytical work; provide and meet estimated completion time-frames to brokers. 20.0%)
4. Develop and supplement relationships with designated insurance brokers, with an emphasis on writing a profitable insurance portfolio within underwriting guidelines. (5.0%)
5. As required by internal underwriting authority document, create memoranda describing the underwriting/pricing rationale for sign-off by one or more other underwriters. (5.0%)
6. Work with Senior Management to resolve matters with insurance brokers and Insureds with respect to adjustment of claims, opportunities and policies, including submissions to amend or expand a policy, general questions and nonpayment problems. (5.0%)
7. Performs other duties as required by Subsidiary Management. (5.0%)
HCC Credit Group, a leading provider of trade credit and political risk insurance, is seeking an Underwriter to work out of our London office.
Tokio Marine HCC is the marketing name used to describe the affiliated companies under the common ownership of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland. Tokio Marine HCC’s major domestic and international insurance companies have financial strength ratings of “AA- (Very Strong)” from Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC, “A++ (Superior)” from A.M. Best Company, Inc., and “AA- (Very Strong)” from Fitch Ratings. For more information about Tokio Marine HCC, please visit http://www.tmhcc.com .
In October 2015, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd., acquired 100% of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd. has financial strength ratings of “A++ (Superior)” from A.M. Best Company, Inc. and “A+ (Strong)” from Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a credit underwriter, political risk underwriter or analyst.
• Proficiency in basic financial analysis as it pertains to the commercial credit environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong math skills.
• Strong, proven organizational skills required with attention to detail
• Ability to work well in team and deadline oriented environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Up to 20% travel required to meet with brokers and/or insurers.