11 July 2017
Unipec UK Company Limited
• Handling of all trade finance issues from start to finish.
• Liaising with Risk team to monitor trade credit requirements for each transaction;
• Reviewing of physical contracts ensuring that all contracts are acceptable to the company and that in particular, Credit and Payment clauses are correct.
• Negotiating LC format, terms and conditions with counterparties
• Verifying LC wording against UCP/ISBP to ensure all workability issues are clear
• Liaising and coordinating with internal Trading and Operations teams to resolve LC matters
• Arranging issuance of Bank Guarantees and bid performance bonds for purchase and sales
• Negotiating Letters of Credits discounting rates, counterparty risk cover and banks confirmations charges etc.
• Presenting and processing all documentation under documentary letter of credit or various trade finance products to the banks, e.g. invoice discounting, DLC discounting etc.
• Maintenance of Trade Finance Tracker sheet – ensuring all relevant deals are entered and updated in a timely manner and that L/C utilization graph is updated.
• Provide treasury department with information as required enabling them to produce cash flow to forecast and assist in monthly financial analysis and other duties as reasonably required.
• Assist in other duties from time to time as reasonably required.
The company is an oil trading company, The core business is to import crude oil and export oil products for the refining system and to market the overseas upstream production. In addition, the company also engages in the optimisation of crude oil and oil products in the global market for its HQ. The company has established a global presence, which includes an office in London.
All successful candidates must have at least 5 years trade finance experience, preferably obtained with an oil major / commodity house / major bank specialising in crude oil/refined petroleum products trading. Extensive and detailed operational Trade finance processing experience. Comprehensive knowledge of UCP600/ ISBP and URDG758 rules and regulations is essential. Experience in handling SCF products is an advantage.
• Advanced analytical and organization skills. Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions and to communicate these effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to be a strong team player.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
• Pro-active and self-motivated attitude to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
• Able to work to very tight deadlines but also willing to adapt quickly to changes in direction
• Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
• IT literate and have good working knowledge of Microsoft packages