Capstone are working with an international bank looking to hire a structured trade finance VP as part of their build out in the region.
The position will be working with a best in class STF team across the metals & mining, oil & gas and agricultural sectors on mid – to – long term transactions.
- The candidate will lead the review of regional STF structures: PXF, prepayment, discounting, contango play, inventory financing (REPO), club deals, etc. This includes, but is not limited to, the internal review with all stakeholders, preparation / presentation of DEC, negotiation of Term Sheet with banks and implementation of the financing facility + monitoring. And also the review of commercial contracts clauses,bank documentation / security package, legal opinion, etc.
- The candidate will lead the negotiation and implementation of structured finance documentation such as borrowing base or repo structures. With a process + Structure review: internally (Finance and Ops teams), with clients (if and when needed) and with our banks.
- The position includes the cover of identified credit/performance risk exposure (including discounting and reporting). This is to be done in close relationship with the Credit and Structured Finance teams.
- The candidate will be directly involved into the clients relationship with insurance brokers and underwriters to handle insurance policies and declarations. This includes the presentation of new deals details and risks to cover.
- The candidate will work alongside the TF team of Singapore to also review our banks facility letters: key clauses, T&Cs, pitch and TS.
- The candidate will be a valuable base for the due diligence and documentation checking, such as: Holding certificates, PCG, unusual contractual clause, cargo insurance in place, etc.
- The candidate will be involved with markets info to be collected and communicated within the Finance teams, as well as to work on bank presentations to be built on certain commodities or zones.
- Degree in business, finance or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in commodity trading business
- Experienced structured commodity finance business
- Able to build and maintain good banking relations
- Good team player, detail-oriented with good analytical mind
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Mandarin