Our Client, a Global Bank, are looking to recruit a Senior Trade Guarantees Associate to be part of their Guarantee team.
Main Responsibilities of a Senior Trade Finance Guarantees Associate:
- The Guarantees Team Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the Associate Director to manage the Guarantee team’s workflow and ensuring that the agreed Service Levels are maintained and customer’s expectations are met. The Suitable candidate will oversee the work of the Guarantees team members providing guidance and training within this area of expertise.
- Effectively manage workflows to ensure all transactions are organised to meet service level agreements.
- Responsible for the cross check and verification process.
- Assist with ensuring all procedures and directives are up to date and maintained within the team.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to minimise exposure to risk and to safeguard against financial loss to the Bank.
- Provide training and guidance to team members on the guarantee process, and to act as a ‘go-to’ person in order to resolve day to day operational issues.
- Process and maintain guarantees as required. Monitor all guarantee events.
- Report and control all pending items, and timely escalation all of matters requiring management attention.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all trade stakeholders.
The successful Senior Trade Finance Guarantees Associate will have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of all guarantee and Standby Letters of Credit products and their lifecycles.
- Technical competence in all rules and publications by the ICC, including and not limited to UCP600, ISP98, URDG748.
- Ability to review and structure guarantees to ensure they comply with both the banks’ procedures and processing requirements.
- Ability to provide a Guarantee advisory service as a recognised technical expert.
- Full familiarity of all types of demand guarantees and Standby Letters of Credits, including but not limited to bid, performance, advance payment, warranty, retention.
- Ability to review and construct a guarantee wording, working closely with Legal as required.