The Guarantees Officer will ensure that all guarantee processing and administration is actioned efficiently to ensure that customer services standards are met as directed by senior team members.
The main responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Ensure that all incoming instructions from customers/branches and other banks are handled within agreed turnaround times and without errors as directed by senior team members
- Deal with all administration under Guarantees including the daily list of periodic commissions to be debited or claimed from customers/banks.
- Ensure that all the necessary correspondence in respect of guarantee issuance is despatched promptly to the required parties.
- Shares advising movement of funds to Settlement Dept. before the stipulated cut off times.
- Assist in resolving queries relating to work processed on the section
- Other duties relating to Trade Services processing as required by the Manager and Senior Manager Trade Services
- Share responsibility for clearing outstanding Nostro items relating to guarantees
- 1st Review of guarantee tests where required and advise findings to senior staff for further action.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and accountabilities:
- Previous Trade Finance experience, specifically within Guarantees from a competing bank.
- PC skills including Excel, Word, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Dedicated client focus approach
- Flexible working approach