Our client, an international wholesale bank based in London is seeking to recruit an experienced Trade Finance Analyst x2 to join their Trade Services team . The main purpose of the job is the involvement in the documentary credits process which can include processing, checking, signing and releasing Letters of Credit, Guarantees and their respective amendments in line with the Bank’s guidelines, as well as checking documents and processing payments thereunder within agreed timescales, always ensuring the bank’s position is protected at all times.
- Processing Letters of Credit, Guarantees and their amendments whilst ensuring all documentation is valid, accurate and viable
Checking of documentation against conditions of Letters of Credit ensuring the Bank’s standards are complied with in order to ensure the Bank’s position is protected at all times.
- To act as a signatory (at the appropriate level) for the Bank which would include checking and signing Letters of Credit, Guarantees and their amendments, ensuring these are processed in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with relevant ICC, URC and URR rules.
- Ensuring compliance with Bank requirements as well as liaising with other departments as and when required.
- Acts as a source of reference to all clients and counter parties.
- Maintains the monthly reconciliation of all credit liabilities, the accuracy and validity of all processed items as well as the checking of daily Nostro reconciliation.
- Ensures that customers receive an efficient and professional service.
- Provides training and mentorship to new staff.
- Ensuring any issues are resolved efficiently and professionally maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Calculating and reviewing commissions ensuring all fees due to the Bank are collected.
- Involvement with processing of participations, syndications and back to backs.
- May be required to cover Clerk Settlement role in recording incoming documents/swifts.
- May be required to cover Filing Clerk role in filing Letters of Credit files and preparing post/courier items.
Skills and knowledge:
- Qualified CDCS/CSDG preferred
- Demonstrates a level of understanding of the relevant aspects of foreign trade
- Detailed knowledge of documentary credits, collections, reimbursement and relevant knowledge of ICC rules for UCP, URC and URR rules
- Banking payments experience
- Strong communication skills with a high level of numeracy, literacy, accuracy and attention to detail