7 June 2017
Barbara Houghton Associates Ltd
On behalf of our client an International Bank base in the City we are looking to recruit for a Trade Finance Officer to assist the Head of Trade Finance Section. The main focus of this position would be to provide high quality service standard to trade finance customers with a view to contribute towards the business growth and profitability target of the Branch.
Assist in the development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures related to Documentary Credits operation for continuous improvement in efficiency.
Monitor compliance with the approved policies, workflow procedures and guidelines and relevant governing rules & regulations pertaining to Documentary Credits
Check and authorise Documentary Credit transactions within the delegated signing authority:-
1. First or counter checking of import and export documents under documentary credits
2. Authorise and release messages via company system
3. Check and sign Bills Schedules of Import & Export Bills processed
4. Submit Bills Referral to Branch manager for recommendation and submission to Head Office for limits exceeding Branch’s approving authority
5. Approve application for financing bills, LC,SBLC, LG and bills amendment
6. Release Import LC, bills amendments, Freight Payments, and Import & Export payments
7. Settlement of advances transactions
8. Supervise monthly unreconciled report and adjusting entries.
9. Prepare monthly statistical reports for the Management
For more information and to apply via our website, please click here.
The successful candidate will need to have a deep understanding of all Trade Finance products; invoice discounting experience will be an advantage
5 years+ relevant work experience.
Good and articulate in spoken and written English
Proficiency level of knowledge and understanding of varieties IT systems
EXIMBILLS system experience
Must be a pro-active and hands-on person and a Can do attitude flexible and a team player
Able to use own initiative and required little supervision