The incumbent of this role will be responsible for generating sales for the cargo shipment department for the Trade Finance product portfolio in North America by building and converting a healthy sales pipeline in line with the business plan.
Overall, responsible for execution, delivery and issue resolution and any other customer facing activity. Must be able to successfully balance customer satisfaction and profitable business growth.
- Formulate and execute a clear and effective sales strategy and direction
- Ensure comprehensive customer coverage; align sales efforts with the commercial strategy
- Lead key customer visits to explain the new product, benefits and high level process flow
- Close the deals with customers
- Grow the business in line with the business build plan
- Responsible for Business As usual and customer experience for each new deal
- Independently execute simple to complex Trade Finance deals; Obtain internal approvals: Draft structure memos, prepare/review credit applications including structure/company/risks analysis and recommend transactions to risk management/credit divisions
- Communicate and coordinate with risk management/credit divisions
- Negotiate/review legal documentation
- Coordinate closing of transactions with internal and external legal teams
- Contribute to Trade Finance business development by providing support to Account Executive teams in originating and executing the transactions, which includes credit approval process and discussions with related divisions such as finance departments, legal, etc.
- Prepare term sheets, proposals to be presented to the customer.
- Work closely with Marketing resources to create and maintain campaign material and other collateral
- Negotiate legal documentation and ensure compliance with external and internal requirements
- Manage and control the existing portfolio of Trade Finance together with senior sales officers.
- Deal with amendments, credit and product reviews
As the leading ocean transportation carrier in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award winning talent development initiatives. Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off. Our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives. Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
Who we are looking for
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong sales / customer communication skills
- Master negotiator; strong networking skills
- A strong communicator with a clear and concise presentation style, who can convey, with consistency, a vision for the business in a manner that is readily accessible and understandable to all.
- Organizational buy-in: Highly developed leadership and influencing skills; must demonstrate the ability to secure buy-in at all levels within the organization.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a proven track record in sales and leadership.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment balancing complex projects with firm deadlines
- Best practice perspective: Well-versed in current best practice information and trends in the external market place. Understands the impact and benefits that new practices could bring to the organization and is willing to implement changes
- Able to travel up to 30% domestic and international
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- 6+ years Commercial Trade Finance Sales experience including qualifying buyers and sellers, conducting comprehensive financial history inquiries, performing risk tolerances, conducting market research, etc.
- Must have B2B sales experience with contracts up to $10M
- Experience gathering and analyzing company and market financial data, deciphering and presenting recommendations to stakeholders and decision makers
- Experience with state banking lending conditions and defaulting practices
- MS Word able to create and modify documents
- Excel able to import, export, sort, & filter data, create and modify spreadsheets, use basic formulas, create v look-ups, pivot tables, macros, charts, graphs, etc.
- Power Point able to create and modify basic presentations
- Experience with commercial banking practices
• Familiar with banking lending conditions for Texas, South Carolina, and Georgia