Our Client, a London based bank, are recruiting a Senior Trade Finance Associate
The successful Senior Trade Finance Associate will work in The Processing Centre for EMEA providing efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single-touch, single entry to multi-touch, complex transaction processing.
The Senior Trade Finance Associate will provide support to the Commodity and Structured Trade Finance and Transaction Banking Divisions.
The Senior Trade Finance Associate is responsible for effectively managing the Letter of Credit team’s workflow to ensure customer expectations are met. They will oversee the work of the Letters of Credit team members, providing guidance and training within this area of expertise.
Main Responsibilities of Senior Trade Finance Associate:
- To effectively manage workflows to ensure all transactions are organised to meet service level expectations.
- To be responsible for the cross check and verification process.
- Assist with ensuring all procedures and directives are up to date and maintained within your team.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to minimise exposure to risk and to safeguard against financial loss to the Bank.
- To provide training and guidance to team members on export/import process, and to act as a ‘go-to’ person in order to resolve day to day operational issues.
- To process and maintain export/import products as required. Monitor all events.
- 1st/2nd check of LC documents and advise discrepancies, as required.
- To report and control all pending items, and timely escalation of all matters requiring management attention.
- Develop and improve effective working relationships with all trade stakeholders
The successful Senior Trade Finance Associate will have:
- Significant experience within a Trade Finance team at a leading International Bank.
- Full working familiarity of all types of all Trade Finance products and their life cycles.
- Technical competence in all rules and publications by the ICC, including and not limited to UCP600, ISBP745, Incoterms, URC522, URR725, ISP98
- Ability to review trade structures to ensure they meet processing requirements.
- Proven experience of managing the workflows of a small team.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment under time pressure but retain strong attention to detail.
- Be a team player, but have the ability to work on your own when required.